Thursday, March 8, 2012

Did he have to say that . . . ?

I was checking out my purchases at Costco this morning. It was a major shopping venture so the trip had been long, busy, and hectic. As the cashier was totalling up my bill, the young man boxing my groceries, etc. remarked, "How are you today?"

I replied, "Fine . . . because I'm done with my shopping!"

He replied, "Well, not quite. Now, you have to go home and put it all away."

I considered, "And this evening, yank some of it out to cook dinner, put the leftovers away, plan the next meal, clean up after cooking the stuff I just purchased . . ."

The young man looked a bit shocked and apologized, "Sorry! Didn't mean to depress you!"

Actually, I was just joking but hoped that I provided some young lady belonging to that young man with some help this evening as it seem to be a revelation to him how much was involved in making a meal.

No comments: