Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Thinking about Valentine's Day . . .

Lent begins after Valentine's Day so I get to go all out in making some heart-shaped cookies for neighbors and friends without tempting them away from any planned sacrifices during Lent. My husband wants either a chcolate torte cake or brownies with apricot filling and chocolate glaze . . . possibly both! My son just found a forgotten box of cookies from Christmas in the freezer so he will be happy with any treat since he has some to see him through to Valentine's Day!

I freed up my time for extra baking, too. I have just three more appliques to sew on my quilt order and I'm done! I do have another one to make for a birthday gift but have six weeks until I need it.

Naturally, I'm thinking about heart-shaped sugar cookies with pink glaze and sprinkles. I don't often get time to fuss with cookies so am looking forward to an afternoon of baking and decorating holiday cookies. Anyone have a favorite recipe or idea to share, I'll be happy to post it here.

Our prospective cats are getting more bold but still won't let us pat them. The most skittish one raced ito the house, this morning. I didn't see that Stubby had gotten past me until I started to close the door and saw him in the middle of the living room. His fur was standing on end and his eyes were huge as he saw the door of escape closing and he wasn't on the right side for leaving easily!

Last night, the Siamese stray wandered into the house and didn't want to go past us to get out the front door. Howl raced over to the glass sliding door only to be met with the dog on the other side of it. No growling or barking, however! They just tried to stare each other down.

The day begins and my time at the computer is over for now. The promised rain didn't appear but the overcast skies still hold some promise of it later today.

No comments: