Tuesday, February 7, 2012

The face of a troubled dog . . .

It is more like a dog in trouble! She got the chance she has been waiting for and when I went out to dump the bucket of water from mopping the kitchen floor, Chick ran out after me and the race was on. She was after a cat! I yelled for back up and my daughter and son came running. Chick thought this was going to be a delightful outing and avoided all contact with us. She was busy trying to climb a tree because she saw a cat up in it. Suddenly, a light seemed to go on in her very small, doggy brain and she figured there must be cats in every tree. Unfortunately, we live on a long street . . . lined with trees. My son is running after her. My daughter has an open can of her favorite food and is limping along behind them as she ran out without any shoes. I went home to get the car but, first, had to turn the stove off, find my keys, grab my license, and lock the doors.

I got about three blocks down the street and spotted the three of them by the side of the road. Chick looked resigned to having been caught. We lured her into the van with the can of food and drove home. We thwarted her chances of another escape by closing the garage door and then pushing her out into the backyard. She did not get the rest of the can of food. She took a long drink of water and is currently gazing in the sliding door wondering where that delicious can of dog food could have ended up. Every time I pass the door, I look at her sternly and say, "Bad dog!" She looks back with, "What?"

My daughter mentioned that she really wanted to take a walk but the weather was overcast with threats of rain. She should be careful about what she wishes for as she got her walk with no sweater, no shoes, and no leash for the dog!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: