Friday, February 3, 2012

Kind of figures in this world . . .

According to some breaking news, the fact that I didn't jump on the Susan G. Komen bandwagon and send in a 'thank you' donation proved correct - they just reinstated funding to Planned Parenthood. How sad that they propose to do something of merit and then cave. I feel badly for all the people who raised their donations based on the first news only to find out that their money will continue to help fund Planned Parenthood in one way or the other. They are letting politics rule their mission and dilute the meaning and purpose of 'walking for the cure'.

Given the ways of the modern world, today, I can't say I'm all that surprised just saddened at their lack of backbone as I assume they initially made the decision based on good reasons.

No comments: