Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Dealing With Politics in the Family . . .

The liberal mind set is an interesting thing to behold. They claim to view ALL sides of an issue but just present an argument and this claimed gift of fairness clanks shut with a vengence. I know, my husband and I are lone conservatives midst liberal factions on both side of the family.

What is interesting is that liberals aren't able to deal with arguments that go against their state-controlled media mentality. We have one relative who has tried, over the years, to help us see the 'light' and has finally given up. His idea of giving up is not to just be family but to close us off from the family.

Another aspect of a liberal dealing with our 'closed-minded conservative nature' is to respond to any logical argument with, "That makes me feel very uncomfortable and I don't want to discuss it." Openminded, liberals ain't.

Someone told me they voted for the current administration because they wanted 'change' even thouogh they knew he was anti-life. I said that if we vote for someone who will make abortion MORE available, as has happened, THEY share in any abortion that transpires because they gave the capability to the elected official. Rather than consider this, the person stopped talking to me.

My favorite response was when I pointed out to a long-time friend that his political party had a firm political plank in favor of abortion. His response was, "You KNOW I abhor abortion!" Uh, and . . .?

God has certainly placed us in an interesting phase of history. It has made me more politically informed and turned my heart to prayer more often.

No comments: