Saturday, January 28, 2012

Yes, you can see the wind . . . at least, the after effects!

The 50 mph-plus gusts of wind did their damage last night. My husband's grape vines will not be producing this year as their white trellis has ripped off the supporting fence. You see the 'supporting' fence that is falling as fast as the trellis? It looked like it snowed oranges under my beloved tree so I will probably be baking orange chiffon cakes in the very near future. We initially were bemoaning the work ahead on the grape trellis until we saw that another portion of fence was completely down giving my dog freedom to roam the neighborhood. Our dog's plans were cancelled once we saw this. A good part of our tree is nestled around the mailbox which won't stay closed . . . again, thanks to the wind.

I had fun gathering up the windfall of oranges but couldn't get the ones way under the tree. My husband is laughing and amazed at finding me solving the problem with a pair of kitchen tongs for reaching there.

And the wind? It is still blasting away with hopes of it fading away by tomorrow evening. Buy stock in hair spray as I know I used a lot of it today!

Yet, we are still smiling. The house is standing, the power is on, and the fence needed some work, anyway.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: