Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The local 'critics' agree, TinTin is a good movie!

With college starting for just about everyone in our group next week, a friend treated my son and three of her six to the movies today. They saw TinTin and said it was a very good movie and worth going to see. They were the only three in the theater for most of the movie so enjoyed not having to worry about too much laughter or talking about the movie. It gave me a couple of hours to browse at the fabric store and purchase a couple of needed but boring items required for my projects.

I treated everyone to a late lunch out after the movie. Even with the lure of ice cream sundaes, they were too full to take me up on the offer. There is a great ice cream parlor in the area and their ice cream desserts are way too big and elaborate to consume after a normal lunch. We are thinking of going before the end of the week and make that our 'main' meal of the day! Hey, they put nuts on the topping. Nuts are healthy, right? And whipped cream is a dairy product. Oh, and don't forget that chocolate has antioxidents in it!

I'm going with a quick chicken and pasta meal since I've been out of the house most of the day. Pasta with a cheesy broth and chunks of grilled chicken sounds pretty good. I'm glad I bothered to learn to cook in my early years because it save a lot of wear and tear on hungry tempers and the budget these days!

Cooler weather and overcast a good part of the day so we still hold hope that we have some winter before spring takes over.

Gave up following the primaries this week. It is sort of like football to me . . . You wait until they clear the pile of players, figure out the score, and go to the polls.

No comments: