Thursday, January 26, 2012

Feeling scrappy today . . .

I've been busy clearing out my fabric cupboards and, more especially, my large collection of fabric scraps. Up until now, I felt there was no way I could part with any of them until I had the time to incorporate them into a quilt. I reached my limit on 'memories' and ruthlessly either cut them into precise squares or put them in the thrift store bag. I managed to reduce two boxes of scraps into filling only one-fourth of a box. The ones featured in the above picture are for sale. I figure that there are people out there who would enjoy getting some different tastes is colors and designs into their own collections. I still have a bag of scraps as well as another box . . . but that is for another day!

Tired of having the radio on, today, but the neighbor has had a handiman who pulls his car halfway into their garage while he works and turns on his car radio rather loud with, of course, lots of deep bass going on. It provides the perfect acoustics for transfering the bump, bump of the music into my work area. These people are so intent on the environment yet don't recognize noise pollution when they hear it.

The promised heat arrived and reached up into the 80's today. Fortunately, at this time of the year, the house remains pretty cool so we don't need to resort to turning on the air conditioning.

Dinner is popular but an easy fix except for lots of chopping and dicing. I'm braising slices of Hillshire sausage with olive oil, chili flakes, and lots of garlic and bell peppers. We have it with steamed Jasmine rice and, for some reason, it is a perfect compliment to each other. Let's see . . . I got the sausage and peppers recipe from an Italian cookbook and am pairing it with Asian Rice. Small world, huh?
Posted by Picasa

No comments: