Thursday, January 12, 2012

A Departure from Quilting . . .

I learned to crochet when I was about seven years old. In fact, I take the credit or discredit for the mini skirt! Why? I was learning while I crocheted a skirt for my doll. Being of an active nature, the newness of the skill soon faded yet I still had rounds and rounds to go in order to modestly cover my beloved doll. I got as far as an inch or two above her knee and before my mother could intervene, I declared the skirt done and snipped the yarn. The first mini skirt!

The pictures above are my crocheted granny squares of a more current generation! I've gotten almost 30 completed and just need another ten before I can start putting them together. Maturity and/or old age has taught me one thing . . . weave in the loose threads as I go along because I will be very glad of this fact when they are all done! Hey, this afghan is sort of like a quilt in that I'm putting together squares!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: