Sunday, November 20, 2011

We just about beat the rain home . . .

We just about reached the home stretch when the rain started this afternoon! Better to be driving on familiar freeways that contending with traffic on less-known ones. My daughter was ready and waiting to hop in the car and even with a stop for lunch, we got home early enough for me to put chicken and vegetables on to simmer for dinner this evening. Uh, my daughter and son said they were stuffed from lunch and had to bring home the leftovers . . . yet, even as I type, they are making peppermint milkshakes with whipped cream on top.

I don't mind long drives as long as I'm the passenger. I got a lot of crocheting done on another shawl during the drive. Every time I come up with an idea for a Christmas gift, it seems to entail work! Hey, that's the reason for the season, right?

The rain is really pouring down now and increased just as we unpacked the car and closed the garage door. We are blessed!

No comments: