Friday, November 18, 2011

No housework done . . . but I'm not complaining!

When my husband has a day off from work, the housework isn't likely to be done with as much care as when I'm on my own. And, that's okay because even though we are running errands, we get to spend some time together. A trip to the department store for shoes turned into some Christmas shopping. We paid for the shoes and got an extra ten dollars off because the shoes cost $50 and that's what they were doing for a sale today. Okay, we got $60 shoes for $40 and we didn't mind one bit.

Lots of 70% off and other sales and for every $40 or $50 you spent, you got more discounts off. We decided to do a little preliminary Christmas shopping for our children. My favorite sale? I found a purse  that was $45 but with the sales and another $10 discount, we paid just under $20 for it. Designer purse at Walmart prices! It will make a great Christmas gift for someone special.

Rain in the forecast so I'm thinking of baking bread tomorrow. I will have to make a dinner that works with having fresh bread. A backwards sort of approach but it works for us!

When I see the prices on good bread at the supermarket, I'm glad I can bake my own. Homemade bread is fresher, no preservatives, and cost pennies compared to bread in the store. I may bake a couple of loaves for the Thanksgiving stuffing. I can cube it up, freeze it, and will be ready to go when I make the stuffing.

Interesting sermon at morning Mass. The very, very newly-ordained priest stated that the reason Jesus went to the river to be baptized was because the temple was corrupt. I'm sincerely hoping he didn't mean that Jesus avoided 'His baptism' at the temper . . . because Jews don't have baptism. I'm thinking the poor guy overthought his reflection on the readings otherwise I would hope he'd know this.

No comments: