Saturday, November 5, 2011

Early Saturday Morning . . .

I get up early every day of the week and always at the same time. I like my moment to get ready for the day, do my exercises, and catch up on computer stuff in my own little mental blanket of silence.

Every day of the week is a blessing to wake up to but the Saturdays my husband doesn't have to work are always more joyful. Even though we won't be doing much more than catching up on chores leftover from the week, it is nice to know that he doesn't have to drive to work. It is nice to know that he is home.

As posted previously, I treated the family to homemade ravioli for dinner last night. I've made it before but tried a new pasta recipe for the dough. I was a little anxious as one of the ingredients called for was 1/2 cup of white wine! For noodle dough? I took the chance and have to say that substituting half the eggs for the wine made a wonderful pasta dough. My family was very happy with the outcome and I woke up this morning to the scent of it once more . . . my teenage son decided to warm up leftovers for breakfast. I'm taking that as the supreme compliment.

Anyone interested in an interesting dough for creating homemade pasta, let me know. It's going to be my go-to recipe from now on. How could I have not learned about this wine ingredient until now? In God's own time, right?

No comments: