Sunday, October 16, 2011

Keeping promises . . .

My family's favorite treat is a homecooked Asian meal. Yeah, being of German descent, it might not be authentic Asian food but they like it! Well, they have been asking and although I have been preparing good meals, I never seemed to either come up with the energy or required ingredients at the same time. Today, I kept my promise! In fact, I kept it twice in a row. Last night, we had broccoli beef, Kung Pow Chicken, and Jasmine rice. This evening, it was Chinese Chicken Noodle soup along with homemade egg rolls. My now very, very happy family is cleaning up the kitchen for me and wiping up all the greasy mess I seem to spatter when I fry egg rolls. Yes, and as always, my poor tee shirt needs treatment for getting off the spots of grease that I got on myself.

A laundry hint on removing grease from clothing: Rub in some Dawn detergent the night before on the spots of oil/grease and then launder as usual the next morning. It almost always gets it out.

Cooler weather today which made it nice both in and outside the house. We are still hopefully expecting winter to arrive. The fire alerts in the nearby mountains have been high because of the drying weather.

My thrill of the day? My husband noticed that the neighbor, whose house corners on our backyard, has a pomegranite tree that has grown a lot over the last year. Grown to the point where it hangs over into our yard with branches sporting some pomegranites! I think I will trim their tree a bit . . . by removing those pesky pomegranites as soon as they turn deep red. I am a good neighbor, aren't I?
Posted by Picasa

No comments: