Monday, October 17, 2011

The computer age is aging me!

Although my son registered for community college for the Fall semester, because of state and government cuts, he couldn't get in with any and every class we tried. We went to the counseling office and they gave him an assessment test and said he would have to re-register on this date for the Spring semester. I got up early, skipped my exercise, skipped my breakfast which meant I couldn't take my vitamins and . . . nothing! I went to the registration site and got it filled out and they came back with a huge red error code - someone with that name is already in the system. Uh, yeah, I know but he never got to be a student so why won't the computer take my re-registration information. I then spent a 'wonderful' hour trying to figure out what they wanted. Eventually, they blocked me for making too many enters into the system . . . and no registration.

We had hopes of jumping on this early because our registration determines the day we can apply for classes, the earlier the better. Looks like we are heading for end of the line, again. My husband is going to the school this morning with hopes of straightening it out. My son says he will take just about any class available but refuses to even consider ballet or fashion design! Go figure! :-)

Meanwhile there are daily  radio commercials from the community college advertising financial help, career help, etc., yet many freshmen were turned away because of cutbacks. You'd think they'd pull the commercials given that reality.

Off to Mass with hopes of reducing my stress and lowering the volume of my rants!

No comments: