Thursday, September 1, 2011

Progress in the Christmas sewing department . . .

Yesterday, I made some noticeable strides in catching up with my sewing projects. I still have a lot of hand sewing to do on a Christmas quilt for a friend. I also have a horse quilt that needs layering and stitching, too. So far, I'm happy with the way the Christmas quilt is coming along. I found a fabric with pictures from the Angel Gabriel through the Nativity. I cut them out individually and set them in a sort of abstract landscape in each square. Can't say I'll get much done, today, as my teenage son needs shoes and that requires a trip to the department store.

Going to have to have a serious discussion with the electric company. We can follow our usage on the computer and, for some reason, we are spiking way high up in usage around midnight! Uh, no one is up at midnight and the air conditioning is always turned off. This is a mystery to us and we sure don't want to pay for the glitch with the electric company's monitor.

Heard on the news that California is voting on a law that requires people to pay workmen's comp for hiring babysitters. In addition to that, if you hire a babysitter, you have to provide them with a break every two hours. They initially wanted to make it mandatory to give the sitter a paid day off after they have worked for you for 30 hours over time. That certainly takes away the spending money chance for teenage girls, doesn't it? It is like they want to find an excuse to set up a whole, new government office to monitor another aspect of our lives. Can the world get any stranger? Yeah, probably . . . stay tuned!

No comments: