Friday, September 23, 2011

Humbly yours . . .! :-)

My son is taking an assessment test for community college today. I promised to drop by the coffee shop on the way home and get him a caffeine drink of his choice to keep him engergetic and focused. Well, we got to talking on the way home and ended up pulling into the garage before I remembered the promised stop. My son was willing to forget it rather than put me to the trouble of driving back into town. My first thought was, "Oh, good! I don't have to climb back into the van, again!" My second thought was, "A promise is a promise." We headed back down the road where we found a long line in the drive through.

We got our drink order and waited and waited for the person in the car ahead of us to get her order. It took so long, we could only imagine what she could have possibly requested. Finally, they handed her out a very small cup of coffee and she took off. Go figure on that.

Anyway, our turn and my son's cold drink was ready and waiting. I paid and as we are getting ready to drive off, the cashier said, "Oh, wait! We made a hot version of the drink by mistake. Do you want it?" I don't usually go for hot drinks but accepted with thanks. Turns out, after trying it, I do like the warm version so here I am enjoying the fruits of my kept promise to my son!

No comments: