Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Higher Education still seems to be in the dumps . . .

After discovering that there is no room at the community college for my son (and probably hundreds of others!) this Fall, I sent the counseling office an e-mail inquiring what we could do. All I got back was a note on how to use the assigned computer ID and password. Uh, how did they think I got through to them via the computer site in the first place. The next day, I got another note with a phone number to the counseling office (just like the one on the site!) and was told to call there to get an appointment for the assessment test. I called and the answering machine said that if I couldn't get through, go through the Internet site. The Internet site keeps posting they have no more appointments. I held for the telepone contact only to get another message saying they are experiencing an overload of calls so try calling . . . and they gave me the number I was making the current call with right now. You have to wonder what it is like on the campus office right now.

I was talking to my mother-in-law and she said the same probems were happening in her state, too. Wonder when the educational system will realize that they need to put more of our tax money to education and not administration.

No comments: