Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Baking Day . . .

Yes, in spite of the 100 degree-plus temperatures promised us, today, I have to do some baking. My husband requested cookies for his office, my college-bound daughter is wishing for pumpkin pie, and I just discovered a new recipe for crumb cake that sounds promising. Hey, as long as the oven has to be on, I might as well fill it up with baking.

I saw a show on television where they were making a crumb cake out of cake crumbs. I found that interesting and funny that they would bake a cake in order to crumble it up to, uh . . . bake another cake? I did try that recipe but I had a leftover cake layer that needed some kind of home so it didn't feel quite so ridiculous. The crumb cake recipe I discovered, yesterday, made a crumb topping from flour, butter, sugar, etc. not another cake.

I'm thinking about oatmeal cookies. I like them with lots of oatmeal, nuts, and even coconut. If I have some dried cranberries, those will probably get thrown in, too.

Once I have 'proven' the recipes, I will post them to share. I think I'm longing for the Fall which is why my baking inclinations are coming through so strongly these days.

Sewing, as you can see from a previously posted picture, went well yesterday. I also finished the handsewing on another quilt and only need a few rows of top stitching to call it completed. I have to start sorting out my quilts and figure out Christmas gifts, too.

Meanwhile, it is time to gather up my altar boy teen and head out to morning Mass. I hope God is blessing everyone's day most generously!

No comments: