Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Tale of the Tote Bag . . .


I got an order, yesterday, for a 'generic' angel tote. The person wasn't sure if the person she wanted to gift with the tote was Catholic but wanted to give something with sort of a religious meaning. I already had such a bag in my inventory but remembered this same person turned it down last time she put in an order so I made the one featured in the picture. Just in case, I brought both the new one and the rejected one with me. She took the one she had originally rejected!

Personally, I liked the new one as I had such fun cutting the fabric to recreate a new sort of fabric. I especially liked the narrow stripes that picked up the colors in the angel print. The back of the tote bag has a pocket that I made out of bits and pieces of the original fabric choice as well as a pocket inside the bag. I enjoyed making this bag because I was only making ONE. I usually have two or three going at the same time so this was almost a recreational creation.

I got a lot of hand sewing done on three quilts last night. Very interesting AND warm having an insulating quilt on one's lap when the temperatures in the house are topping off around 85 degrees! I love the quilts on my bed in the cold months as they are light yet keep you very warm. In the summer, definitely not so much.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: