Saturday, July 16, 2011

Saturday Afternoon Quilting . . .

 
Even with a shopping trip to the grocery store, I managed lunch and a couple of hours of sewing today. I finally got the binding put on an almost complete quilt as well as the last of the pieces on another quilt. Lots of quilting to do on the sea shell and outerspace quilt but they look promising. I'm excited about the one with the circles. I saw a comparable pattern in a quilting book at the fabric store and almost purchased it for this patten specifically. I thought better of the expenditure, however. I was going through my old, standby books today and discovered this very same pattern featured in it . . . and it seems it has been a long-standing interest as the templates for the circle pattern were tucked in the book! Didn't use any new fabric on the cutting out today. It is one of my more organized scrap quilts and I'm looking forward to sewing on it next week.

Went with manacotti for dinner this evening, those large, tube noodles your stuff with meat? I learned a long time ago that you don't need to cook the noodles first which makes stuffing them a lot easier. And, the fact that you don't cook them and then bake them in the meat, etc., gives you a firmer pasta.

Our poor peach tree was attacked by hungry birds so not a huge harvest this year. We did pick enough to make a peach crisp for dinner.

Hope all the Sundays around the world are wonderful for everyone!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: