Friday, July 29, 2011

A sad encounter . . .

After Mass a few months ago, a young woman struck up a conversation with me. This young lady, a mother of two, insisted that a woman does have a right to choose and how can the Church dictate anything else. I kindly challenged her and said what about if it is a future woman in the womb that won't be given her choice. That startled her. I said that murder was murder if you believed there is a living baby in your womb.

You could see the wheels going around in her head and she thought she had me when she countered with, "What about in the case of rape?" I just said a baby is a baby and might be a very indirect gift from God. I also pointed out that adoption was always an option.

She was weakening on her stance just a bit but then firmly said, "But how do you know the baby is going to a good family? Wouldn't abortion be kinder than risking a bad life for your baby?" It was so sad that she would prefer to kill a baby rather than take a chance on the future of the baby and leave it in God's Hands.

No comments: