Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Catechism and Quilting . . .

Our pastor is offering a religion class every week for the next four weeks in the morning. I had three reasons for attending: 1.) It would be good for me! 2.) I wanted my teenage son to attend. 3.) The air conditioning works at church.

I also thought there might not be a huge turnout as it was scheduled at 10:30 in the morning. Much to everyone's surprise, there were over 50 people there. The class was the shortest hour and a half I have ever spent. Father was amazing at how he approached his explanation of the Mass. Actually, he hasn't even gotten to the Mass, yet. He says we have to go back to Genesis to full understand our salvation/redemption history. I thought I was going into something I was pretty knowlegeable about but learned so much today.

No quilting when I got home. I got an order for a tote bag. Hey, $12 unexpected dollars is still more than I started out with this morning. It was too warm to have a quilt on my lap for hand sewing today, anyway. Designing tote bags is like making a small version of a quilt with more of a challenge given the small space involved.

I did the unforgiveable . . . It is 105 degrees and I had to turn on the oven in order to cook dinner. Chicken burritos will be worth it, however . . . I think!

No comments: