Sunday, June 19, 2011

What's for Father's Day?

Our pastor was very emphatic about wives and children giving proper respect to their husbands/fathers today. In between the serious notes, he said that we must prepare them a sumptuous feast and when they began to eat their meal, we must keep them cool and comfortable by using a hand-held fan. I heard lots of laughter which lead me to believe that not too many households would be employing the use of a fan today.

On the good side, I am planning a nice dinner for my husband. On the 'bad' side, he has to work today. Sigh . . . He had to work on Mother's Day, too, so I guess we are square in that aspect.

Dinner will probably be meatloaf, which he enjoys, whipped potatoes, and fresh vegetables from his garden. Not sure on dessert, yet, but I do have some peaches from our tree which I froze for just such an occasion. My only question is pie or cobbler?

No comments: