Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Jet lag be gone . . .

Okay, it has been exactly a week since I returned to my normal world and had to leave the cobblestone streets of vacation behind. Sigh . . . I miss the corner bakery for breakfast but have to resign myself back to my healthy world of morning oatmeal!

Anyway, the tiredness doesn't leave quickly but, yesterday, I finally got my sewing machine into action and cut out and got three of six prayer pouches completed for an order I received on Sunday! I have just finishing work on the last three and I'm feeling I've returned to the correct time zone now.

Today, after I finish the remaining three bags, I'm pulling out a Christmas quilt I'm making for a family. I got a good start on it before the vacation so just have to push away any residual after-vacation blahs and work on it!

I do have some pictures which I will post later.

Oh, and I did make the Eton Mess dessert receipt and it got rave reviews from my menfolk. I posted the recipe last week when I was in the 'thinking' stages on this. I've made the coffee cake recipe I posted, too. I did one with an apple filling (aging apples in the refrigerator that deserve a good send off!) and then did one with cranberries and raspberries. The family jury is still out on which one is the best although my daughter leans heavily towards apple as she hate cranberries. Go figure on that attitude!

My son and I are still getting up at early hours but we are edging towards a return to normal existence.

No comments: