Sunday, June 5, 2011

Easy Recipe . . .

The only thing easier than this recipe is being handed a menu and not having to cook at all! The recipe is very basic but I can see lots of potential for adding some personal touches.

Dirty Rice

1 cup long grain rice, uncooked
1/2 cup butter
1 can onion soup (10 3/4 ounces)
1 can beef broth (10 3/4 ounces)

Combine all ingredients in uncovered baking dish. Stir to combine and bake at 350 degrees for approximately one hour. You might want to check periodically to make sure there is enough liquid as you can add it as needed.

Seems to me that you could add a bit of brown sausage bits to the mixture, slivered ham, or cooked chicken. My family likes it spicy so I'm seeing myself tossing in a good pinch of chili flakes.

If you are blessed to have a rice cooker, you cook it that way, too. Just check your manufacturer's proportions on liquids.

No comments: