Monday, May 2, 2011

It pays to read . . .

My daughter was working at her college library and going through some donated books. Much to her surprise, she discovered a secret compartment in one of the books filled with money! She turned it over to the head librarian who said that it was a case of finders/keepers so she got a bonus to her salary today. The amount? $70% Believe me, on a student income, that is a great boost for food allowance this week! God is good and knows just when to step in and help out.

I used to enter contests and have even won a few over the years. Most of the prizes were things like small appliances, teddy bears, tickets, etc. No matter, it was always exciting when your postcard and postage increased in value like that. One day, I was agonizing over the bills and exclaimed to myself, "Come on, God! I need some help here. Don't You even have an extra dollar you can send my way!" A few minutes later, the postman brought the mail to the door. In the mail was a check from a contest I had won . . . for one dollar! Be careful how you phrase your requests!

No comments: