Sunday, May 8, 2011

Is it excitement or fear . . .

Up until now, our proposed vacation has been sort of an academic project. Since we have been saving and planning for it for almost two years, it took on the aspect of a process. Suddenly, there is luggage sitting around, frantic moments on the computer lining up flights, confirming reservations, etc. I think it is turning 'real' on me.

I mentioned to my husband that I was starting to get a little worried/scared/concerned about the trip. He asked WHY? I said it was because I felt such a responsibility in taking our baby boy (he is 17 years old!) so far away from home on my own. I mean, I would be the one who would have to take care of him.

My husband turned to my son and asked, "Are YOU worried abut the trip?" My son calmly replied, "Nope . . .cause Mom is taking care of ME!" Sigh . . .All responsibility is back in my court, again!

I haven't been overseas in over 28 years so it IS a bit exciting to see how things have changed. I'm sad because some of my family over there is no longer of this world and I will miss stopping by to see them. Although I am retracing some of my overseas visiting tracks, we are going on a tour that is entirely different for me. My son is excited at his first trip, ever. I'm looking forward (after I calm down my nerves!) to enjoying the vacation through his eyes. My husband? He says his treat is NOT having to travel!

No comments: