Friday, April 15, 2011

Out-of-Character Quilting Project . . .

I've been working on a very scrappy quilt this week. The individual squares are six-inch square and nothing but strips of fabric. The overall effect is lots of stripes sort of out of kilter in the pattern but it gives an interesting eye movement to look at it. Sigh . . . Miscalculated my 'filling' or batting for the quilt so am at a standstill until my order arrives next week. I have a star quilt on my bed that I enjoyed making so thought about doing another scrap quilt using any and all colors to make a sort of abstract star pattern. When I went to look up the placement of the star quilt pieces, I found another quilt pattern that was using the same pieces I had cut out. My 'scrappy nature' went by the way as I suddenly realized I had enough fabric to incorporate SOME of the varied fabrics with a majority of matched one. I got the first square done and, for me, it is a very demure one. My husband will think the body snatchers got me while he was at work.

As soon as I get enough done, I'll post a picture, computer willing in the cooperation department!

No comments: