Saturday, April 16, 2011

Old age or sensitive ear drums?

So, if neighbors (and I use the term VERY lightly here!) have a party, they are three houses down the street, and our house is literally shaking with the beat of their 'music', am I being overly sensitive?

It is 4:30 in the afternoon and they look like they are settling in for a long, long night. According to our police ordinances, disturbing the peace is against the law ANY time of the day and I'd say their 'music' easily falls into the category of disturbing the peace. My son, who is on the far side of our house and wearing earphones for a game on his computer, can't concentrate. We took our ordinance rights seriously and called the police. The people, however, look like they will need two or three calls before they comply.

I remember some of the 'good, old days' when you only had to politely ask someone to turn down their music and they did because they didn't seem to realize how loud it had become. The police advise us to call them first and not go near the offending neighbor. A real change in the world and neighborly values.

Sigh . . . I was hoping for an early night and a good sleep today. Doesn't look possible. To give an example of how LOUD this party music is, we can't even hear the television over it.

If I find a cure for possible migraines, I'll share the information!

No comments: