Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A good and holy week, I pray!

Starting my Easter baking tomorrow so I can give out my offerings to friends and neighbors before they head out on their Easter events, etc. I haven't done any baking except for bread the last six weeks and am looking forward to making cupcakes tomorrow. I'm thinking about chocolate cupcakes with fresh orange flavored filling and a yellow cake with tart lemon filling. My mental jury is still out on the third flavor but am leaning towards a spice cupcake with a nut filling.

With three of my brood finishing college and the 'baby' graduating from high school, this year, I don't get to hide Easter eggs for them. I haven't let go completely as I did get them each a pound of their favorite chocolates and have it wrapped in festive Easter paper. Hey, it's hard from a mom to let go, you know!

Another reason that Easter arrived a bit too fast for me is that my younger son and I are going on a trip in May. It's been 27 years since I've been on a vacation or gone anywhere and I think I'm a bit rusty at being in the travel mode! Nevertheless, we DO head out the second week in May and will be gone for 15 days. I think it is just a matter of finally sitting on the plane to let the excitement set in a bit. Meanwhile, it is making lists and figuring out what to pack and how little we can get away with so we don't have to lug it around.

No comments: