Friday, April 1, 2011

As you stitch, so shall you rip . . .

Patience is a virtue I have been demanding to happen NOW! Sigh . . . Every time I ignore the aspect of patience in my life, I have things to undo and do over. Yesterday, I finally conceived of a perfect finish to my ongoing crazy quilt I've been working on this week. I'm working on the top and bottom extension borders which means it was originally a bit short so I'm adding on to cover up my miscalculation! So far, it has actually improved and added some eye interest to the quilt. I sewed in the first border taking care to stitch and iron carefully and got relatively straight paths of sewing machine stitching from one side to the other. It was getting close to dinner preparation time and I SHOULD have kept the second side for today when I wouldn't be rushed. Guess what? I didn't and rushed through the second side, missed a necessary step for keeping things on the straight and narrow so get to start today's sewing time with a set back as I get out the seam ripper and do it with PATIENCE and care this time.

No comments: