Sunday, March 13, 2011

A Sunday hobby . . .

Some sewing happened today! When my husband is off from work, we have so many errands to catch up on that getting to my fabric stash and sewing machine doesn't usually become a reality. Today, I got my chores done and even cleared out a shelf which was hoarding dust behind my books. I set up the ironing board, ironed my husband's work shirts, and still had time to sew.

The project at hand is a twelve-square quilt with a print of Our Lady of Guadeloupe in each one. It is simply bordered with contrasting fabrics but the colors really play on your vision when you look at it. Dinner hour approached so starting the real work on it has to wait until tomorrow.

Did find another recipe! This one looks elegant yet very simple to throw together and impress.

Poppy Seed Cake

1 yellow cake mix
1 small package of INSTANT vanilla pudding
2 tablespoons poppy seeds
1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup lemon juice
4 eggs

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine all the ingredients until well combined. Pour into greased Bundt or tube pan and bake for approximately 45 minutes. Cool and invert onto a plate. You can take the easy way out and just frost it with canned frosting. Chocolate is always good!

No comments: