Thursday, March 24, 2011

Easter Morning Treat?

After Holy Saturday officially closes down Lent and ushers in the Easter Season, we always look forward to celebrating with something special on Easter Sunday after we come home from Mass. Because we are always watching our calories, pancakes don't happen around here too often so I'm thinking that would be a hearty treat especially if I splurge on some maple syrup.

I came across this recipe today and it sound intriguing. I would never have thought of add cottage cheese but can see how this would add extra protein and calcium while producing tender pancakes. If I go with this recipe, I'll be sure to post the results and approval rating from my family. If you want to try it long before Easter, let us know how they turn out.

Golden Pancakes

1 cup cottage cheese
6 eggs
1/2 cup flour
1 tablespoon granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Put all ingredients into a blender. Cover and blend at high speed until ingredients are well combined - about a minute. Bake on a greased griddle, using 1/4 cup batter for each pancake. Makes approximately 20 pancakes.

I like the smell of pancakes cooking in the morning. A side of crispy bacon and a couple of perfectly cooked eggs sure wouldn't go amiss either! Good thing dinner is already cooking on the stove as I'm making myself hungry!

No comments: