Friday, February 4, 2011

Forgot about that time . . .

I worked a year after I got married. Since I got home 30 minutes before my husband, I would see that dinner would be ready to set on the table when he got home. The 30-minute drive from work gave me time to think of what I wanted to prepare and, if necessary, make a quick stop at the market for a missing ingredient. After awhile, I got pretty good at figuring out a meal based on what I had on hand. Soon, friends at work would tell me what they had at home and what could they make for dinner out of whatever. It was actually more fun for all of us to talk about how to get around what we had without going to the expense of filling in some missing ingredient.

Sort of like the world today. Too many people quit on their ideas if they don't have everything the THINK they need in place when more success might happen if they worked with what they had.

I was reminded of all then when one of my college daughters called to say they had been snowed in and this is what they had in the cupboard so what could she make. In the course of discussing an idea, she got a ride to the store but came home and decided to go with the first, 'snowed in and what can I make' idea anyway.

Hey, you use what you have and enjoy that you have it and don't stop to regret what might be missing.

No comments: