Wednesday, June 24, 2009

I am woman, hear me bore . . .

You have all probably heard about Senator Boxer's arrogant rebuke of the gentleman who dared to refer to her as "Mam' during some congressional hearing. I found her attitude offensive and sent an e-mail to her as follows:

"SENATOR Boxer:
I was shocked at your attitude towards the gentleman who gave you the respect of calling you Mam. He was acknowledging your status as a woman and of a person in a political capacity. When I vote, if there is a woman on the ballot, I look for one who represents women and I feel you failed in this situation. It was almost like you were ashamed of your femininity. If you can't accept your God-given status as a woman, how can you be believeable as someone who could represent that gender. You disappointed me greatly."

Senator Boxer's reply:

Thank you for contacting me regarding the recent Senate hearing with Brigadier General Michael Walsh. I appreciate hearing from you on this matter.

Shortly after the hearing, I called General Walsh, and we had a friendly and productive conversation. We expressed our respect for one another and our determination to work together to protect our nation and communities from natural disasters.

Thank you again for writing to me. Please feel free to contact me in the future about this or any other issue of concern to you.

Barbara Boxer
United States Senator

Sign . . . I notice she didn't make mention of making an apology to the Brigadier for her rude, uncalled for remarks!

No comments: