Saturday, May 23, 2009

Quilting Fever Continues . . .

I seem to be somewhat more reasonable of late . . . I only have three almost-done quilts on the stack. They got put aside in favor of starting and completing a special quilt order for a friend. Okay, I will admit that in spite of having incomplete work at hand, I started another scrap quilt today. Hey, someone has to use up all the pretty scraps. It's a job and someone has to do it, right?!

I actually managed to make a theme quilt with a scrap quilt feel this week. I found some Disney print fabric with the Disney princesses on it. I cut them each out in six-inch squares and sort of randomly bordered them with fabric that complimented the colors used in the print. It was for an older girls (as in over 19 years old!) so I tried to keep the Disney cute without making it 'baby' cute. I think it worked but now I NEED to do something bright and vibrant. Something in reds . . . or polka dots. Uh, perhaps the Disney quilt was more on the cute side than I originally thought!

No comments: