Saturday, September 7, 2013

Where Does Wheat Hide Out?

As I've mentioned before, my family decided to go wheat and gluten-free the first of this year. Although my husband is the only one with celiac tendencies, the whole family joins in the new diet. Much to our surprise, it is relatively easy, we still get to enjoy our favorite treats and such with the necessary tweaks to avoid the gluten, and all feel better. One problem that we have learned to contend with is reading and then re-reading product labels as wheat and gluten can hid under many names. I looked around, did some research, and found this link which is very detailed and even surprised me with some of the items listed. For all the gluten-free readers, I'm happy to share the following:

http://www.kidswithfoodallergies.org/resourcespre.php?id=52

No comments: