Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Gluten-Free Bake Day at My House . . .

 Someone's friend was just diagnosed with celiac and is a bit down about not being able to grab a cookie or treat without thinking about whether or not it has gluten. Frankly, I've looked at a lot of commercial gluten-free products and the cookies and crackers don't look all that great. If I'm going to add calories to my day, I'd prefer they be on the slightly decadent side. So, to help out the friend, I spent the day baking some gluten-free crackers and cookies. Considering my first efforts at the beginning of the year, I'm doing pretty well. I've mastered chocolate chip cookies and brownies! My saltines and common crackers are tasty for snacking, too. Anyway, I have a couple of tins filled with treats for the 'new celiac'. Not really a chore and a good excuse to bake during Lent!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: