Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Support Traditional Marriage day . . .

The controversy continues but, today is still appreciation day at the popular fast food restaurant, Chick-Fil-A. I still fail to see what all the hatred is about from the left who seem to feel that if anyone has an opposing opinion, their business should be forced to fail, they should gather and scare away diners, etc. Disagreement doesn't equal hatred yet the left side of this argument certainly takes it to that length.

Who would have thought that one of the main arguments of this election  year would be whether you eat at Chick-Fil-A or not? The same-sex advocates for marriage aren't satisfied with it starting to be possible in many states. They seem to want people who don't support it to not only come out in favor of it but say that it is holy and right. What happened to freedom of choice when there is a disagreement? I just can't understand it.

The same thing happened to me during the 2008 election. I didn't go around advertising my vote but, when asked, I made no secret of where my vote was being cast. There are still several people at my parish who will not talk to me or acknowledge my existence because they asked and I told them, and they didn't agree. What is interesting to me is that they snub me early and often on their way into Mass. Just shows that political affiliations come before religion and Christian behavior.

Anyway, it is nice to see a business, who relies on customers, to stand by their chosen principles. We certainly do not hate the opposition but draw on our American rights to chose our values in life. I'm not sure what the anti-Chick-Fil-A people want us to do. One of their main objections is that the CEO donates money to groups the protestors don't approve of . . . Don't the protestors support their own agendas? Isn't that the freedom we are supposed to enjoy in the United States?

No comments: