Monday, May 21, 2012

Inexpensive meat - expensive-tasting recipes!

A friend asked about recipes and in searching out one that I like to use, I re-discovered an old favorite so thought I'd share both of them here.

This recipe's ingredients seem simple but the combination and taste is excellent. I discovered a
small cookbook of the dishes offered at Rao's Restaurant in New York. It is a very small one, people reserve a table months ahead of time, and some people even have a reserved table for when and if they are in town. Obviously, they are the wealthy and movie star types.

The combination of wine, cream, and mustard is fantastic. Although the recipe calls for hacking the chicken into very small portions, I've often done this recipe with a regular cut up chicken with good results. It goes well over hot rice or with pasta.

No comments: