Sunday, April 1, 2012

Timeless reflections . . .

I guess overcast skies and staying indoors has activated my homemaking instincts  because I've been doing some cleaning and organizing. Lots of stuff is boxed for chairites and thrift stores. Lots of memories are leaving by way of those boxes. That's the hard part of cleaning . . . giving away various items and books that instantly bring back a memory. Okay, a few things got slipped back on the shelves for the next clean up (I promise!), but most of it will find a new home.

In my papers, I found a little paragraph written by my son when he was about eight or ten years old. Nothing changes as it seemed rather appropriate in view of the world all these years later. Here it is:

"Religion does not seem to play an important part in many people's lives today. Sad as it is, I think that people lead sinful lives to comfort themselves because of their own inadequacy. What it comes down to is there are two types of people; those who realize they are inadequate and turn to God, and those who turn their inadequacies to sin. "

No comments: