Sunday, March 4, 2012

My Version of Cranberry Jam . . .

I don't have a set recipe for Cranberry Jam. I basically follow the cranberry sauce recipe usually found on the bag of cranberries and then put it through the blender to even it out. My usual recipe goes something like this!

Cranberry Jam

4 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
1 tablespoon orange zest
1 cup water
1 cup fresh orange juice

I mix all the ingredients in a large pot and bring it to a boil, stirring constantly. I turn it down to a low simmer but keep an eye on it. When the mixture thickens, I take it off the heat and let it set. When it is cooled off a bit, I put it through the blender and then pour it into canning jars. It isn't usually as thick as jam but it works well on Irish Soda Bread. Keep the jam refrigerated.

No comments: