Friday, February 10, 2012

Simple works . . .

Sometimes, I get so involved in trying to figure out a Friday dinner that I get lost in the details and an easy solution is right in front of me. I wore my brain out trying to think of what to fix for dinner and then my husband informed me that it doesn't always have to be elaborate - soup and sandwiches would be fine for him. Duh! I now have a pot of vegetable noodle soup simmering on the stove and cheese, bread, and tomatoes waiting to be turned into hot sandwiches.

The relaxation of dinner-time duties freed me up to cut some more quilt scraps today. That is my spare time activity these days - reducing my ridiculous amount of fabric scraps into workable squares and strips to sell. People often want some different input for their projects and what better way than to inexpensively share my extras. It must be popular because I sold both batches immediately.  I won't become a millionaire this way but a few extra dollars here and there isn't to be disdained.

No comments: