Thursday, February 16, 2012

From yardage to quilt . . .

I had one of those days when the cutting and sewing went smoothly and I reached the beginning of the completion of a quilt. I'm always amazed at any quilt as you take pieces of fabric, sew them together, and you end up with a warm bed covering or just something to cuddle under while you read a book. I tried a new pattern for this one and am already thinking about ways to use it for future quilts.

I was poised to actually get some of the squares sewn together and basted for handsewing but my husband came home early, unexpectedl. I was more than happy to have husband's homecoming instead of more sewing time. He isn't always here for the evening meal so this was a much better treat than extra time at the sewing machine.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: