Sunday, January 1, 2012

A New Year's Treat . . .

I took advantage of a relatively lazy day to make a New Year's treat for the family. A favorite around here are homemade cinnamon rolls. The weather was perfect for raising yeast dough so the rolls reacted very nicely to their preparation and are ready for dessert. I applied a browned butter lemon glaze to them while they were still warm.

Dinner is another favorite - sausage, sliced and braised with lots of chopped garlic. Just about five minutes before serving, I add slices of bell pepper (the red, orange, and yellow variety) and cook it until just hot but still crisp. We have it over Jasmine Rice. It is an easy meal except for all the chopping and slicing . . . which my husband kindly took care of for me today.

Anyone want a recipe for some tasty cinnamon rolls let me know in the event I don't get around to posting it in the next few days.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: