Tuesday, January 17, 2012

And, so it begins . . .

Sigh . . . The day before my youngest son's first day of college and I have to make the long trip over there today in order to purchase his book for class. I had planned on doing so, yesterday, but Martin Luther King had priority for his holiday and the college was closed. Nothing worse than not having the required book the first day of class so I'm doing the proper, mother thing and seeing to this today.

Tomorrow, my son has a ride to his first day of class with a friend. I think that works well as you don't really want your mother by our side at college . . . although I've threatened to do so! :-) I even offered to buy him an Hello Kitty lunchbox and he turned me down. Go figure!

Another dreary, overcast morning but the sun seems to be winning out over the clouds and fog. Still not enough rainfall for Southern California but this never surprises us residents. It is a blessing when we get enough rain and a fact of life when we do not.

No comments: