Friday, December 30, 2011

Heading into the New Year . . .

I'm starting of the coming New Year in a good frame of mind . . . I finished the quilt I started before Christmas! It has been sitting on my sewing table since the beginning of December. With so many extra activities and chores to do, It remained a fixture there. I had finished my Christmas crocheting projects and needed something to keep my hands busy the other night and pulled out my pin cushion and thread and took up the plight of my incomplete quilt. There was nothing but hand sewing yet so a perfect occupation while I watched television in the evening. I got so busy on finishing the applique work on the back of the quilt that it wasn't until I put in the last stitch, last night, that I realized I hadn't looked at the front and couldn't quite remember how it looked! I had literally forgotten about my striped border I had pieced. All in all, I'm pretty happy with the outcome and it was totally pieced out of scraps for the quilt top. Lots of memories in all those bits and pieces of fabric.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: