Friday, December 23, 2011

Candied orange slices

Oranges are in season both at the grocery store and on our sturdy, little orange tree. I eat as many as I can but like to find more lasting uses for this favorite fruit of mine. I discovered this one, this morning, and copied it out for my files. You know, the pile of cherished recipes I really will organize some day. Yeah, that one!

Anyway, I like the combination of chocolate and orange and when I read this one, it was like a dream come true in that it combines fresh oranges with chocolate and makes a wonderful treat. Also, the syrup that evolves from the long cooking can be saved and used to spruce up other citrus recipes or add some zing to a buttercream frosting.

http://www.food.com/recipe/candied-orange-slices-dipped-in-chocolate-144348

No comments: