Thursday, November 17, 2011

My Productive Day!

Earlier in the week, I wished I had a project to inspire me and now have two shawls to crochet and an order for tote bags which I just completed. Be careful for what you pray! The friend ordered two tote bags so I made up four so she would have a choice.

I'm finishing up the turkey soup with stuffing dumplings and after dishes and a quick floor mopping, I have a couple of hours to work on my crocheting project. When I went to the store for yarn, the first skein I grabbed had matching dye lot numbers. Just in case, I decided to purchase two and put a second skein in the cart. Suddenly I looked closer and they didn't look the same . . . I checked the wrapper and the second one was vanilla rather than off white. Some employee, not being artistically inclined, decided to dump all the 'cream' colored yarn in the same bin.

Had an interesting driving experience. I was making a left-hand turn with a green arrow on my trip to the store. Just as I was about to complete the turn (arrow was still green!), some frumpy woman, without looking left or right, decided to make a right-hand turn on the red. Since she wasn't looking and I didn't want to hit her, I honked. Oh, boy! She blared her horn back at me, shook her fist, and followed me down the street, honking her horn? I had to wonder why as she was clearly in the wrong.

My husband had a similar experience a while back. He had already merged into a left-hand lane and a woman came careening off the freeway offramp and was peeved that he was in front of her and kept within inches of his bumper up to the intersection. About 20 feet from the intersection, the light turned yellow, so my husband came to a stop. He glanced in his rear view mirror and the woman was shaking her fist, getting red in the face, and, basically, having a tantrum because she had to wait. What amused my husband was the fact that if he had run the yellow light, the woman would have run the red one. He couldn't help himself. He burst out laughing at the stupidity of it all.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: