Friday, September 2, 2011

Not always crazy . . .

One of the times when I actually follow a set patten for a quilt! I love the contract between the deep blue and the Fall colors of the stars. My husband, who is more conservative in his choice of colors, immediately claimed this one for our own. He enjoys the fact that I can be creative but will always be happier with a pattern that doesn't make him dizzy.

I got nine of the twelve squares quilted on my ongoing Christmas quilt project done yesterday. I'm using a star pattern for the stitching. I'm still surprised at how the four different fabrics came together to actually form a 'scene' of each Christmas event.

Someone asked me, once, how I can bear to give any of my quilts away. It's funny but when I decide I need to make a quilt for someone, it is not longer 'my' quilt so gifting it to someone has never been a problem. It's my random quilts that I have trouble parting with . . . but I often do!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: